🎯The Hindu Vocabulary 07-10-2021
🔰 The Hindu Vocabulary 🔰
1. ASTONISHING (ADJECTIVE): (आश्चर्यजनक):
Synonyms: Impressive, Amazing
All his achievements are nothing short of astonishing.
2. INCURSION (NOUN): (आक्रमण): Attack on
Synonyms: Assault on, Raid on
In case there is an incursion into our territories, we have to repel such attacks.
3. PRECEDE (VERB): (पूर्व में होना): Lead up to
Synonyms: Pave the way for, Set the scene for
A gun battle had preceded the explosions.
4. VANITY (NOUN): (गुमान): Conceit
Synonyms: Self-conceit, Narcissism
It flattered his vanity to think I was in love with him.
5. SPECIFIC (ADJECTIVE): (विशिष्ट): Particular
Synonyms: Specified, Certain
Huge savings were made to meet specific development needs.
6. STARTLE (VERB): (डराना): Surprise
Synonyms: Frighten, Scare
Antonyms: Put at ease
A sudden sound in the doorway startled her.
7. SEIZURE (NOUN): (अभिग्रहण): Confiscation
Synonyms: Impounding, Commandeering
Cowed by the bold seizure of the leaders, the states of Holland submitted.
8. CONFIDE (VERB): (गुप्त रूप से बताना): Reveal
Synonyms: Disclose, Divulge
Antonyms: Keep from
He confided his fears to his mother.
9. SANCTION (NOUN): (दंड): Penalty
Synonyms: Punishment, Deterrent
A range of sanctions were aimed at deterring insider abuse.
10. HARBOUR (VERB): (आश्रय देना): Shelter
Synonyms: Conceal, Hide
Antonyms: Hand over
He was suspected of harbouring an escaped prisoner.