🎯The Hindu Vocabulary 22-09-2021
1. WORRISOME (ADJECTIVE): (चिंताजनक): Worrying
Synonyms: Daunting, Alarming
The situation was becoming worrisome day by day.
2. INUNDATE (VERB): (बाढ़ लाना): Flood
Synonyms: Deluge, Overflow
The islands may be the first to be inundated as sea levels rise.
3. CONVENE (VERB): (बुलाना): Summon
Synonyms: Call, Order
He had convened a secret meeting of military personnel.
4. SIGNIFICANTLY (ADVERB): (विशेषकर): Notably
Synonyms: Remarkably, Outstandingly
Energy bills have increased significantly this year.
5. TROUBLED (ADJECTIVE): (चिंतित): Anxious
Synonyms: Worried, Concerned
We felt very bad looking at her troubled face.
6. BONHOMIE (NOUN): (खुशमिज़ाजी): Geniality
Synonyms: Conviviality, Affability
He emits good humour and bonhomie.
7. REMOTE (ADJECTIVE): (असंभाव्य): Unlikely
Synonyms: Improbable, Implausible
Chances of a lasting peace became even more remote.
8. REMISS (ADJECTIVE): (बेपरवाह): Negligent
Synonyms: Neglectful, Irresponsible
It would be very remiss of me not to pass on that information.
9. IMMUNE (ADJECTIVE): (बचा हुआ): Resistant
Synonyms: Not subject to, Unsusceptible
They are immune from legal action.
10. FIASCO (NOUN): (असफलता): Failure
Synonyms: Disaster, Catastrophe
His plans turned into a fiasco.