🎯The Hindu Vocabulary : 21-09-2021
1. TERMINATE (VERB): (समाप्त करना): End
Synonyms: Close, Conclude
He was advised to terminate the contract.
2. SLAM (VERB): (आलोचना करना): Criticize
Synonyms: Find fault with, Censure
The new TV soap was slammed as being cynical and irresponsible.
3. CONCEDE (VERB): (स्वीकार करना): Admit
Synonyms: Acknowledge, Accept
I had to concede that I overreacted at his behaviour.
4. INTENT (ADJECTIVE): (दृढ़-संकल्प): Determined
Synonyms: Bent, Set
The government was intent on achieving greater efficiency.
5. DETRIMENTAL (ADJECTIVE): (हानिकारक): Harmful
Synonyms: Damaging, Injurious
Recent policies have been detrimental to the interests of many old people.
6. JEOPARDY (NOUN): (ख़तरा): Peril
Synonyms: Danger, Risk
The whole peace process is in jeopardy.
7. INDICTMENT (NOUN): (अभियोग): Charge
Synonyms: Accusation, Arraignment
It is an indictment for conspiracy.
8. EXUDE (VERB): (छोड़ना): Discharge
Synonyms: Release, Emit
The beetle exudes a caustic liquid.
9. DIVINE (ADJECTIVE): (दिव्य): Godly
Synonyms: Godlike, Angelic
Heroes seldom have divine powers.
10. COLD SHOULDER (VERB): (रूखा व्यवहार करना): Snub
Synonyms: Ignore, Slight
She was cold-shouldered by almost everyone.