1. CONTEND (VERB): (संघर्ष करना): Face
Synonyms: Cope with, Grapple with
Antonyms: Surrender, Allow
She had to contend with his uncertain temper.
2. BAR (VERB): (वर्जित): Prohibit
Synonyms: Debar, Preclude
Antonyms: Admit, Accept
Journalists had been barred from covering the elections.
3. SANCTIFY (VERB): (शुद्ध करना): Consecrate
Synonyms: Bless, Ordain
He was consecrated bishop of York.
4. FURNISH (VERB): (प्रस्तुत): Supply
Synonyms: Equip, Provide
Fish furnish an important source of protein.
5. INCONSPICUOUS (ADJECTIVE): (अगोचर): Unnoticeable
Synonyms: Unobtrusive, Unremarkable
Antonyms: Conspicuous, Noticeable
That was an inconspicuous red-brick building.
6. VAUNT (VERB): (डींग हांकना): Boast
Synonyms: Show off
Antonyms: Criticized, Unsung
They have utterly eclipsed their vaunted American rivals.
7. HEFT (VERB): (वज़न करना): Lift
Synonyms: Raise, Raise up
Antonyms: Put down
He lifted crates and hefted boxes.
8. VINDICATE (VERB): (साबित कर देना): Justify
Synonyms: Warrant, Substantiate
More sober views were vindicated by events.
9. STAMPEDE (NOUN): (भगदड़): Panic
Synonyms: Rush, Flight
Antonyms: Retreat, Standing
The herd was fleeing back to the high land in a wild stampede.
10. DISCOURSE (NOUN): (बातचीत): Discussion
Synonyms: Conversation, Talk
They understand the language of political discourse only.