🎯The Hindu Vocabulary : 10-09-2021
1. FISHY (ADJECTIVE): (संदेहजनक): Dubious
Synonyms: Doubtful, Suspicious
Antonyms: Truthful, Aboveboard
I am convinced there is something fishy going on.
2. SCRAMBLE (VERB): (अव्यवस्थित करना): Disarrange
Synonyms: Muddle, Confuse
Antonyms: Organize, Align
Maybe the alcohol scrambled his brains.
3. KNAVE (NOUN): (दुष्ट): Fraud
Synonyms: Miscreant, Rogue
Antonyms: Hero, Angel
He is known as a notorious knave of this area.
4. LUDICROUS (ADJECTIVE): (ऊटपटांग): Absurd
Synonyms: Bizarre, Comical
Antonyms: Normal, Ordinary
It was a ludicrous statement made by her.
5. KUDOS (NOUN): (प्रशंसा): Praise
Synonyms: Esteem, Applause
Antonyms: Dishonour, Denunciation
When the football team won the state championship, they were given kudos during a celebratory pep rally.
6. CONSENT (NOUN): (सहमति): Assent
Synonyms: Agreement, Permission
Antonyms: Dissent, Disagreement
Change was made without the consent.
7. CULMINATION (NOUN): (परिणति): Climax
Synonyms: Peak, Pinnacle
The deal marked the culmination of years of negotiation.
8. AIDE (NOUN): (सहयोगी): Assistant
Synonyms: Helper, Adviser
The presidential aide was just 23.
9. CODIFY (VERB): (संहिताबद्ध करना): Organize
Synonyms: Systematize, Arrange
Antonyms: Expunge, Abrogate
The statutes have codified certain branches of common law.
10. SHUN (VERB): (टालना): Avoid
Synonyms: Evade, Eshew
Antonyms: Accept, Welcome
He shunned fashionable society.