The Hindu Vocabulary : 08-09-2021
1. IMMEDIATE (ADJECTIVE): (तत्काल): Instant
Synonyms: Instantaneous, On-the-spot
The authorities took no immediate action then and there.
2. AWFUL (ADJECTIVE): (भयंकर): Disgusting
Synonyms: Nasty, Terrible
The place was filled with awful smell and dirt.
3. RELIEVE (VERB): (राहत देना): Counteract
Synonyms: Reduce, Alleviate
The bird's body is black, relieved only by white under the tail.
4. DEFER (VERB): (योग्यता को स्वीकार करना): Yield
Synonyms: Submit, Give way
Antonyms: Stand up to
You must defer to him in my absence as you do me.
5. EXECUTIVE (ADJECTIVE): (शासनात्मक): Administrative
Synonyms: Decision-making, Directorial
The executive chairman threw him out.
6. SUCCOUR (VERB): (सहायता करना): Aid
Synonyms: Help, Assist
Prisoners of war were liberated and succoured.
7. ZEAL (NOUN): (जोश): Passion
Synonyms: Ardour, Fervour
His zeal for his work led to his success.
8. TRIBULATION (NOUN): (आपत्ति): Trouble
Synonyms: Worry, Anxiety
His time of tribulation was just beginning.
9. RIGOROUS (ADJECTIVE): (सख्त): Strict
Synonyms: Severe, Stern
Rigorous controls on mergers need to be taken.
10. FILTH (NOUN): (गंदगी): Dirt
Synonyms: Muck, Grime
The filth wasn’t removed properly.