🔰Daily The Hindu Vocabulary 14/09/2021🔰
1. CHAOTIC (ADJECTIVE): (अराजक): Disorderly
Synonyms: Disordered, Disorganized
The political situation in the country was chaotic.
2. BRUTALITY (NOUN): (निर्दयता): Savagery
Synonyms: Cruelty, Viciousness
Brutality against civilians shouln't be tolerated.
3. ESCALATE (VERB): (तीव्र करना): Grow
Synonyms: Develop, Mushroom
The disturbance escalated into a full-scale riot.
4. EXAGGERATE (VERB): (अतिरंजना करना): Overstate
Synonyms: Overemphasize, Overstress
Antonyms: Play down
He was apt to exaggerate any aches and pains.
5. HOSTILITY (NOUN): (शत्रुता): Antagonism
Synonyms: Bitterness, Malevolence
There is too much hostility towards all outsiders.
6. EQUITABLE (ADJECTIVE): (न्यायसंगत): Fair
Synonyms: Just, Impartial
India has an equitable distribution of resources.
7. CAUTIOUS (ADJECTIVE): (सतर्क): Careful
Synonyms: Wary, Aware
A driver has to be cautious always.
8. ENDORSE (VERB): (समर्थन करना): Support
Synonyms: Back, Favour
He earns more money endorsing sports clothes than playing football.
9. EFFECTIVE (ADJECTIVE): (वास्तविक): Virtual
Synonyms: Practical, essential
She has been under effective house arrest since September.
10. COERCE (VERB): (मजबूर करना): Pressure
Synonyms: Pressurize, Persuade
He was coerced into giving evidence.